The Tool Design Process Engineer provides project management methodology to new product development and leadership to small groups and/or teams when process improvement is desired. Utilizes expertise to develop new processes and/or improve processes already developed to meet internal and external customer specifications and needs. This is done under direction of the Engineering Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Designs tooling to produce parts using CAD (Solid Works, Logo Press &/or CADKEY) to customer specifications under instruction to ascertain specifications and objectives, nature of technical problem, and possible solutions such as part redesign, substitution of material or parts, or rearrangement of parts and subassemblies.
- Collaborates with Tool Room, Maintenance, & Production to implement improvements for employee safety, production quality, and overall process effectiveness utilizing continuous improvement techniques.
- Drafts detail drawings for fabrication by Tool Room.
- Develop purchasing specifications for component parts.
- Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Supports Tool Room & Production to troubleshoot tooling issues.
- Identifies process improvement opportunities.
- Communicate customer needs to rest of company when necessary.
- Bring new technologies into existing production lines by researching, analyzing, and implementing improvement opportunities.
- Work with equipment suppliers to determine specifications and requirements.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all work instruction requirements.
- Complete all required training program requirements.
- Support Safety, Quality, & Lean Management Programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply, please send a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.