The complete production line consists of:
- 1 – Double acting blank and draw press. 100 ton, 8” stroke lower platen, 100 ton, 32” stroke upper platen.
- 1 – Double acting redraw press. 75 ton, 36” stroke inner ram, 25 ton, 24” stroke outer platen. Inner ram connected directly to tooling post, guided through bushing in outer platen.
- 1 – Double acting final draw press. 60 ton, 48” stroke inner ram, 25 ton, 30” stroke outer platen. Inner ram connected directly to tooling post, guided through bushing in outer platen.
- 1 – Single acting pierce and extrude press. 20 tons capacity, 30” stroke
- Redraw, final draw and pierce & extrude presses are mounted on a common lower platen to facilitate transfer automation.
- 1 – Single acting pinch trim press. 75 tons capacity, 24” stroke.
- Servo-driven automated transfer between redraw, final draw, and extrude presses with turn-over arm to place shell on wash line, and turn-over and linear motion to place shell in pinch trim station.
- Complete conveyorized aqueous spray wash line.
- Related material handling equipment including one 10,000# capacity pay off reel with coil car and a servo-driven feed/straightener with .120 x 30” capacity.
An 8 station automated assembly machine with all components magazine-fed into assembly stations. A PLC controlled dot matrix pin stamper serializes each assembly for lot control as it is assembled.